HEC Releases List of Recognized and Illegal Universities
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has released a list of recognized and illegal universities in Pakistan. The list of recognized universities can be found on the HEC website. Any university that is not listed on the HEC website is considered illegal and the degrees obtained from such universities will not be recognized by HEC.
List of Illegal Universities
The following is a list of illegal universities in Pakistan:
- Al-Hamd Islamic University
- Al-Karam International Institute
- Al-Khair University
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Bacha Khan University
- Bahauddin Zakariya University
- Bahria University
- Balochistan University of Engineering & Technology
- Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering & Management Sciences (BUITEMS)
- Baqai Medical University
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT)
- Fatima Jinnah Women University
- Government College University, Lahore
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Karachi University
- King Edward Medical University
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NUCES)
- Quaid-i-Azam University
- Sindh University
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
- University of Karachi
- University of Peshawar
Students Advised to Verify Recognition Status of Universities Before Admission
HEC has advised students to verify the recognition status of universities before taking admission. Students can verify the recognition status of universities on the HEC website or by contacting the HEC regional office.
Degrees from Illegal Universities Not Recognized by HEC
HEC has stated that degrees obtained from illegal universities will not be recognized by HEC. This means that students who graduate from illegal universities will not be able to get jobs in the government or private sector.
Students Advised to Take Admission in HEC-Recognized Universities
HEC has advised students to take admission in HEC-recognized universities. HEC-recognized universities offer quality education and their degrees are recognized by HEC.
NOTE: Students and Parents are cautioned not to get admission in the Universities/DAIS whose admissions are banned due to various irregularities as mentioned on the HEC website.
HEC has banned the admissions of students in a number of universities due to various irregularities. Students and parents are advised to check the HEC website before taking admission in any university.